Friday, December 3, 2010

They Say

They say I'm always happy,
They say I never frown.
They don't know anything,
They don't know in all the tears I drown.

They say I always smile,
And brighten people's day,
But honestly it's been a while,
Since someone has cared enough
to wipe my tears away.

My Fingertips are grasping onto 
The edge of this insanity,
Slowly slipping into the beautiful forever
Of all this abnormality.

Admit you've seen my tears
And admit you've heard my cries,
You never helped me conquer my fears,
But you helped me believe your lies.

When I needed you the most,
You were never there.
You didn't love me,
You didn't even care.

Now I'm bent and broken
From your bitter and twisted lies.
I want to heal,
So it's time to say our goodbyes.

1 comment:

  1. I love this poem!!!! It really is fantastic, very stirring. Superbly done!

    ReplyDelete