Thursday, December 2, 2010

I started this blog today. I am still in the process of pondering why. It's not because I have anything important to say, something that will change the world, or even because you want to read what I have to say. In fact, I have absolutely nothing to say. I only have the thousands of little thoughts that go through my infantile little head each day. I write because I love to. Maybe if I'm lucky, my little blog might someday bring a smile to someone's face for whatever reason. Right now, I have nothing to say, but I did decide to start this blog immediately after reading this quotation. This quotation is not what influenced me in writing this blog but I figured I would post it anyways, because I like to think it played a role in me starting my love of writing again.

“A true soul mate is probably the most important person you’ll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave. A soul mate’s purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, and make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life.” ~Elizabeth Gilbert

No comments:

Post a Comment